Saturday, June 16, 2012

An Unexpected Development


About a month ago I sent out my last round of query letters. This was before I had resigned myself to the self-publishing route and might even have been the cause of it. I never thought I would get anything back but the usual collection of rejection letters.  As usual, things didn’t go as I had planned.

When I got home from work the other day I found a surprise in my email inbox. One of the agents I had sent my query letter to, along with the first three chapters of my novel, had replied requesting my full manuscript.

I have had agents request chapters based on my query letter before, but none have ever requested the full manuscript based on my chapters. As you can imagine I’m quite ecstatic. I polished up my synopsis (which she requested as well) and sent it and my manuscript back in an attachment.

Now I have three people reading my novel. I can’t wait to hear back from one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment